Ardchattan Kirk opened its doors for worship for the first time on Sunday 17 September 1836. The site was donated by a local landowner, General Campbell of Lochnell, and the building cost £1,100 to complete. The cost was divided between the heritors or landowners of the parish, and when complete the building could accommodate 430 people. The grey granite and sandstone dressing used in its construction was quarried locally.
Source: Undiscovered Scotland